Thursday, January 12, 2012

Passing of late Mrs Anna Bishop


Late Anna's friend-Anna Peter



It was a moving funeral especially for those who personally knew Mrs Anna Torie Bishop. She is the wife of the Director for Funding and Disclosures Mr John Bishop. Mrs Bishop had been unwell over the Christmas period until she passed away on the 2nd January 2012. Mrs Bishop leaves behind a husband and two children Schneider and Christine. The funeral service was held at the Murray Barracks Chapel led by her local church from Morata. Her body is to be buried in Manus at Lopwah village. She was 45 at the time of her passing. One of the moving occasions was a poem written and read by the son Schneider it reads:

MUMMY
“Mummy was so kind and loving towards me.
The things she did and how she did them,
showed very clearly to me that she loved
me more than anything in the world.
She was loving, gentle, kind,
encouraging, influential, strong, intelligent…
words just cannot describe what she is to me.
She would do everything for me from the moment I wake
up from bed till when I go to sleep.
She would monitor my Every Move with concern.
She would ask what I was doing,
what I did and she would tell me what I should do.
I would sometimes yell at her saying ‘You Police oh?’
she would smile and tell me ‘mi mama ya’,
husat ben bai tokim na lainim yu?
I will surely miss her ways very much.
She was a ‘Super Mum’
I love you Mum”


Staff of IPPCC where there to witness the funeral and pay their last respect. After the funeral the body overnight at the Haus Krai and departed the next morning to Manus.

No comments:

Post a Comment